Late Summer's Early Morning


Isn't it easier to wake up in summer? I open my eyes to the sun shining through the curtains, the sheets of the bed feel so good. I don't postpone my alarm clock this morning, like I have always done in the past. Mornings have never been easy for me, but the sun is already up in early morning and the sleep is swiped from my eyes.

I walk to the living room and fix my hair up in a bun, away from my face. I still have enough time to have breakfast before I leave. I turn on the coffee machine and go to wash my face. I feel full of energy today. I look in the mirror. Hmm, the summer tan is already fading away. Why can't my skin hold a tan for a little bit longer? I apply some bronzer on my cheekbones.

Walking around the home, wearing a bra and unzipped pants, I'm looking for my white shirt I wanted to wear for today. Did I forget to wash it again? Great.

I spray on some perfume before I leave. The smell reminds me of something mystical. A rainforest maybe, with the hint of musk.

Laptop, wallet, keys, phone. Yes, I've got everything.



1 comments

  1. Yes! Love summer mornings! Wish they could last all year! :-)

    ReplyDelete