Autumn

When I woke up today I saw my friends' message notifications on my phone. Snow pictures! It’s 26. October, and it’s snowing in Estonia. Wow. I was amazed at first. In Istanbul it’s still around 16 degrees warm. I mean, obviously not a beach weather anymore, but wearing a jacket on the daytime is not always necessary. 

In here, it’s all different. The cold came for a week, but then warm summer rays turned back and heated up the air during daytime once more for few weeks. What a pleasant surprise. The leaves are falling noticeably, in their beautiful colors of red and yellow. It’s the perfect time for a walk in the park. 
I started to think back to Tallinn. To this romantic white and glory scene of snowy winters. People get really excited when the first snow finally comes. It’s the time, which makes me think back to childhood snowman building and sledding down the hill. What a magical time it was.

When I commute home from work, all the sun rays have already left the sky, leaving it pitch-black. Seeing this I can’t shake off the eager to buy candles. Lots and lots of them. Vanilla, cinnamon, almond.

Here's a picture of me and Mirela enjoying the autumn of Istanbul along with jazz vibes, in a park loaded with cute puppies.

And here's Tallinn today:


Love,
M.

0 comments